Wellness in the Workplace
You may not be aware that as a country we spent over a trillion dollars on health care in 1997 and that amount doubled to two trillion by 2006. The Health Care Financing Administration predicts that our health system would cost 16 trillion dollars by 2030. That is a scary prediction for individuals as well as businesses because there will be no budget that can support the growing expense.
Employers can dramatically decrease their health costs by becoming activists in the WELLNESS REVOLUTION that has already started and help their employees become healthy in a way that is simple and sustainable. We have no option but to change our health trends to avoid dying from cancer, heart disease, diabetes and many other illness that rob us from enjoying life.
Creating a Wellness Revolution within your organization will empower and re-energize your workforce, invite them to be part of this wonderful change that is developing throughout the country. When people feel better they are in a better mood, they miss less work, and they are more focused and creative in the workplace.
Please contact us to discuss how we, at The Personal Wellness Center, can be of help to your company bringing health and vitality to your work force through the following workshops:
Mindfulness, is described by Jon Kabat Zinn as “awareness, cultivated by paying attention in a sustained and particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” When we are mindful, we are living in the present moment, not reliving the past and not worrying about the future.
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. While mindfulness is something we all naturally possess, it’s more readily available to us when we practice it daily.
At The Personal Wellness Center, we have developed a Mindfulness in the Workplace Workshop to create focused, productive and engaged executives and employees. With this workshop, anyone can transform their leadership abilities and work environments into places of increased innovation, greater focus, improved productivity and engagement.
- Cope effectively with stress and challenges of everyday life and in the workplace
- Improve relationships and teamwork, decrease conflict
- Deal with disturbing situations with grace and composure
- Be fully present, creative, and engaged
- Build inner resilience
- Develop higher levels of awareness
- Increase engagement and productivity
The dangers of stress are looming over us every day and the symptoms can strike without warning. In this insightful workshop you will learn that managing stress is a powerful tool to overcome health risks and can greatly improve your overall well-being. It’s impossible to live life without stress; stress is our natural way of reacting to the challenging situations that we encounter. We need to learn how to identify what is causing us to feel overwhelmed in order to manage our stress levels properly. Since everybody is unique, what bothers one person may not necessarily bother another. So it’s important to find the personal source of stress for each individual. This workshop is designed to help participants understand that stress is born from the life within, we are the source and we are the cure; create habits and patterns of thought that help stay centered in the midst of life storms. Modern times are challenging and stress can easily affect our health, it is imperative that we learn how to stay healthy “on the go.” It includes a FREE relaxation CD.
- Know the ABCs of stress. Cognitive-behavioral understanding of how our thoughts impact our stress level. Recognize your unique sources of stress
- Positive affirmation and positive affirmative questions to reduce stress and how to limit stressful thinking.
- How to use NET (No Extra Time) to relax, stay centered and focused
- Learn how meditate in the midst of life’s busyness
- Create habits that improve the quality of your life
- Breathing exercises to decrease stress throughout the day
- Deep relaxation to cleanse your mind and body from daily stress
- Yoga stretching in your work space
As a country we are spending billions of dollars every year trying to heal our pain and few people are finding permanent true relief in spite of medical advances. Are you struggling with pain? Migraines – headaches – back ache –muscle pain – neck, shoulder, arm, leg pain – fibromyalgia – tendonitis –stomach ache …….. or other types of pain. Pain is part of life, we all have experienced it and many of us have paid lots of money trying to get rid of it. We also know that once pain sets in, our fear starts growing: we think the pain may never go away or it may come back when we least expect it. Little by little we limit what we do because we are afraid our pain could get worse. Add to this the emotions of anger and frustration that pain creates because it interferes with our ability to enjoy life. This workshop is designed to empower you with solutions to manage, decrease and eliminate your pain as soon as it comes through knowledge, energy psychology and practical tools. It includes a FREE relaxation CD.
- Learn a new way of healing pain
- Learn how to use Energy Techniques to release pain where nothing else will
- Understand what emotions are behind our struggle to release pain
- How we program ourselves to get the pain back again and again and how to reverse our thinking
- Learn how to use deep relaxation to relax muscles and tension relieving your pain
Find freedom from smoking by learning proven techniques that will support you in quitting smoking for good. Smoking increases the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke by 2 to 4 times and lung cancer by 13 to 23 times. Cigarette smoking costs the economy over $193 billion in annual healthcare costs and lost productivity. Employees who smoke cost an average of $1,429 more in healthcare costs than non-smoking employees. Employers can save an estimated $3,400 per year for every individual who quits smoking. Despite all the danger and negative side effects of smoking, getting people to stop smoking is no easy task and this workshop provides a holistic approach, mind-body-spirit, to help individuals to quit. Participants receive a FREE Smoke Cessation hypnosis CD.
- Learn how smoking affects your overall health and the health of those around you
- Identify what triggers you to smoke
- Learn to manage cravings using Energy Psychology and other coping strategies
- Use self-hypnosis to reduce stress and smoke cessation
- Relapse prevention
Highly effective people do not manage time –they manage themselves within the time available. This workshop is designed to create long lasting habits of effective self-management that empowers individuals to achieve their highest priorities. The Time Matrix provides awareness of how the time available is spent. This tool also guides participants to say YES to what is important and NO to the activities that distract you from your goals and are a waste of your time. Through weekly planning, daily reviewing and prioritizing the participants keep focus of the activities that will produce the results they were hired to achieve.
- Define and clarify guiding values
- Create goals to achieve results
- Plan weekly, review daily and execute around highest priorities
- Create habits that produce results
- Assimilate practical techniques to manage all incoming “stuff”
- Master the skill of prioritization
- Effective utilization of time matrix
Do you remember how well you handled your last difficult conversation when you and the other person had a difference of opinion, the emotions were strong and the stakes were high? Most people struggle to keep a clear mind and a calm approach in the midst of difficulty, our human tendency is to be reactive in our approach making a bad situation worse. This workshop will provide participants with practical tools needed to handle life’s most difficult and important conversations.
- Prepare for high stakes situations with a proven approach
- Understand before you are understood
- Be proactive
- Learn how to effectively use “I” messages
- Practices the rules for open communication
- Transform anger and hurt feelings into powerful dialogue
- Make it safe to talk about almost anything
- Be persuasive, not abrasive
In this workshop participants will have a deeper understanding of how positive thinking is a mental attitude that supports growth, expansion and success. A positive attitude anticipates happiness, joy, health and a successful outcome of every situation and action. Whatever the mind expects, it finds. Positive and negative thinking are both contagious. We all affect in one way or another the people with whom we interact in a daily basis. This happens instinctively and on a subconscious level, through thoughts and feelings, transference, and through body language. People sense our aura and are affected by our thoughts, and vice versa. Is it any wonder that we want to be around positive people and avoid negative ones? People are more disposed to help us if we are positive, and they dislike and avoid anyone broadcasting negativity. Having a positive attitude allows people to be more influential, this is an important trait that leaders must develop to guide others on the positive and productive path.
- Find out how positive you are and where positive thinking comes from
- Discover how a positive thinking has a direct impact on good health and success
- Create a plan of action for a life filled with positive thinking
- Create habits that support positive thinking
- Learn how to create powerful affirmations and positive affirmative questions
The wellness revolution is here to stay and this mind, body, spirit workshop will help you achieve your ideal weight, decreasing levels of stress and increase your energy, focus and creativity. Side effects from participating in this workshop can be: lower your cholesterol, eliminate pains and aches, higher levels of energy, sleep well and experience an overall feeling of wellness. Most diets and health plans don’t work because they do not have a holistic approach, mind-body-spirit, without that combination your mind will sabotage your good intentions every time with irresistible cravings and rationalizations that say “it’s OK just this time to eat this, I will make it up tomorrow…” This is a natural, simple solution to health that’s sustainable
- Learn what natural foods to eat that are healthy and energizing to your body
- How to use guided imagery and self-hypnosis to eliminate self-sabotage and promote healthy eating
- Energy techniques to let go of unsupportive habits that sabotage you and hold you back from success
- Eliminate food cravings and emotional eating
- Embrace new habits for SUCCESS
- Create an exercise program that fits your body type and your schedule
- Manage your stress in a positive manner