Blooming Lotus Project
The Blooming Lotus Project is our expressive therapy program and includes Intensive Family Services as well as Case Management Services.
Creative interventions have been formalized through the disciplines of art therapy, music therapy, dance/movement therapy, drama therapy or psychodrama, poetry therapy, and play therapy, including sand tray therapy. Each discipline has been applied in psychotherapy and counseling with individuals of all ages, particularly children, for more than 70 years. Now these interventions are available to children and adolescents in the first, comprehensive expressive therapy program offered on the Eastern Shore.
Program options available include:
- STEAM program – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math: Helps develop soft skills (creativity, problem-solving, collaboration), increases engagement and motivation, and personalizes the learning experience.
- Storytelling and Creative Writing: Reduces feelings of isolation, provides perspective, offers a springboard for further exploration and expression through art, talk and play.
- Expressive Play Therapy: Helps children to better express themselves and work through their challenge.
- Art Therapy: Allows children to process their experiences to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Music Therapy: Beneficial for stress management and improving the cognitive abilities of children
- Drama Therapy: Reduces feelings of isolation by developing coping skills and increases the range of expression of feelings.
- Nature-Based Learning: Boosts reading, writing, math, social studies, and science performance. Increases focus and attention.
- Movement and Dance: The use of movement increases creative access to emotions.
- Yoga and Mindfulness: Helps children sit still, cope with change, self-soothe through stressful times, and make good decisions.