Effective Date: 6/1/2018
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information we obtain from individuals through our websites, products, services, web-based applications, and email forms.
When you access or use our Services or Products, you acknowledge that you have read this Notice and understand its contents. Your use of our Services and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service.
We may update this Notice, or other privacy notices that we establish for individual products, at any time as we consider appropriate to reflect those changes. Where the changes are material, we will post them here in advance and, if the changes are likely to affect you personally, we will also attempt to contact you directly (such as via email if we have your email address). It is important that you check back from time to time and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Notice.
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify an individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Notice, we will provide examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is important. For example, when a consumer purchases one of our products we must collect their name, email address, and payment information to complete the transaction. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide our products and services, including this Site, and improve them over time;
- Allow you to purchase products and services;
- Personalize and manage our relationship with you or to provide customer support;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries or events;
- Work with and respond to law enforcement and regulators; and
- Research matters relating to our business such as security threats and vulnerabilities.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The following are examples of the type of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services or Products used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers, billing address, and/or bank account information);
- Purchase or product/service use history;
- Account log-in credentials (if applicable);
- Your location;
- Your Interest; and
- Demographic information.
How Do We Collect Information?
Typically, the information we collect directly from you are your contact details, payment or billing data, and relationship information like the content of customer service requests that you initiate. You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to engage in certain activities, such as payment information required to complete a purchase.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use Personal Information for other business purposes, including to:
- Establish and manage accounts;
- Collect and process payments and complete transactions;
- Provide customer support, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, and other offers and promotions;
- Customize, measure, and improve our websites, products, services, and advertising;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies; and
- Perform other activities consistent with this Notice.
We also process certain information to ensure the safety and proper functioning of our Services and Products including:
- Spam protection;
- Virus protection;
- Intrusion detection, prevention, and protection;
- Threat prevention and prediction;
- Data encryption;
- Back-up and recovery activities.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
What is Cookie and how is it used?
Cookie is data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive that helps us improve access to the site and identify repeat visitors.
- Keep track of your visits and activity;
- Process your orders;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our sites;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use our sites, and how they use them;
- To keep our sites running efficiently.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or would like to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us:
By emailing: email@example.com by calling us at 410-742-6016
or by writing to us at:
The Personal Wellness Center
6508 Deer Pointe Dr., Suite 4C
Salisbury, MD 21804