Mindfulness in the Workplace: Improving Wellbeing and Maximizing Performance
Mindfulness, is described by Jon Kabat Zinn as “awareness, cultivated by paying attention in a sustained and particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” When we are mindful, we are living in the present moment, not reliving the past and not worrying about the future.
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. While mindfulness is something we all naturally possess, it’s more readily available to us when we practice it daily.
At The Personal Wellness Center, we have developed a Mindfulness in the Workplace Workshop to create focused, productive and engaged executives and employees. With this workshop, anyone can transform their leadership abilities and work environments into places of increased innovation, greater focus, improved productivity and engagement.
- Cope effectively with stress and challenges of everyday life and in the workplace
- Improve relationships and teamwork, decrease conflict
- Deal with disturbing situations with grace and composure
- Be fully present, creative, and engaged
- Build inner resilience
- Develop higher levels of awareness
- Increase engagement and productivity