- This event has passed.
Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki Level 1 and 2
September 12 - September 13$100.00 – $399.00
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Reiki is administered by “laying on hands”, and techniques such as this have been practiced for thousands of years. Reiki is a very simple yet powerful technique. Reiki is becoming increasingly popular with the medical community, with over 800 hospitals across the U.S. offering Reiki as a standard part of hospital care.
A research study at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut indicates that Reiki improved patient sleep by 86 percent, reduced pain by 78 percent, reduced nausea by 80 percent, and reduced anxiety during pregnancy by 94 percent. In addition, nurses report that Reiki helps patients heal faster with less pain, re-duces stress and improves negative attitude, improves appetite, and reduces the negative side effects of chemotherapy, radiation and other medical procedures.
In Level I, the students will learn:
• What is Reiki
• How to use Reiki
• The three pillars of Reiki
• The Chakra system
• Reiki I Placements
• The Reiki Principles
• Hands position
• After completing Reiki Level I, you will be able to give Reiki to yourself and others
In Level 2, the students will learn:
• Presentation of Reiki II Symbols
• Complete meaning of symbols
• How to use symbol I & II
• How to use distance symbol
• Practice drawing and pronouncing symbols
• Reiki II Placements
• Reiki Practice
• How to do treatment using symbols
• Practice distance Reiki
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be given a personalized certificate that verifies your training and qualifies you to practice Reiki.
How Does Reiki Work?
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with its ener-gy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached causing energy disruption and blockages. Reiki clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, thus allowing the energy to flow in a healthy and natural way.
Benefits of Reiki
Reiki energy allows the muscles to relax and increases blood flow to treated areas, which in turn quickens the healing process. Reiki practitioners and clients report Reiki helps them reduce stress, headaches, insomnia, upset stomach, sprains, cramps, and many other conditions. Reiki also promotes psychological healing, including release of anger, fear, worry, sadness and other un-healthy feelings, and replaces them with self-worth, confidence and tranquility.
Investment: $399 includes Manual. Please bring own lunch.
(Participants may make a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold their spot in the class. The remaining balance will be due Saturday, Aug. 29th.)
Facilitator: Zlati Koscina, Reiki Master
This is very small group setting & it s expected to fill up fast. Register early!
Questions or need more information, please call: 410-742-6016
In-Person Reiki Class Guideline:
According to the ICRT (International Center for Reiki Training), it is possible to teach Reiki classes in-person. The following guidelines are to follow through the entire class (Saturday and Sunday):
- Keep up to date with the latest CDC guidelines and follow them. https://www.cdc.gov/ and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- Students should not attend a Reiki class or session if they are sick.
- If during class, a student shows signs of illness, such as repeated sneezing, coughing, runny nose or are sick to the stomach, the student will be asked to leave the class immediately.
- This will be a non-touching and non-hugging class
- Students will be asked to wash their hands every hour and during each break.
- There is no need to use a fresh tissue to open the entrance door as they just have been replaced with new copper handles. Copper is known for its antibacterial and antivirus properties. Other surfaces such as front desk counter, inside door handles, pens, clipboards, etc. are being disinfected periodically.
- Avoid touching your face or others during class.
- If anyone needs to cough, do so into a tissue, then discard the tissue.
- Practice will be done without touching the other student. We will keep hands several inches from the body.
- After each practice, we will sanitize tables and any other equipment . The use of blankets, pillows, eye pillows, or any other items will not be permitted.
- The Holy Fire ® style of Reiki presents the attunements (called Placements and Ignitions) as a short, guided meditation. In this case, there is no physical contact between the teacher and the student, so this process is in keeping with the CDC guidelines.
- Class setting will be semi-circle, 6 feet apart between chairs, and students and teacher are asked to maintain this distance when not seated
- After class, we can maintain contact using online Video Conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Webex, etc., if required. If not, phone and email would be sufficient.
- Manual and handouts will be available the day of class.
- Enough time has been allotted to practice on symbols at the end of the first day of class. A handout is usually given to the students prior to class, so students would have enough time practice.
- Breakfast will not be provided to avoid exposure and possible transmission.
- Class time has been adjusted from original schedule. Class is scheduled now from 9 am – 5 pm both days to avoid prolonged contact with one another.