- This event has passed.
Ethics: Inside & Outside the Workplace
July 12 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$65
In this Workshop:
Finding therapeutic or case management services for ourselves or loved ones is not always easy, Wanting to help a colleague you know is struggling in their personal or professional life can also be challenging. What are the ethical issues involved when professionals in the helping field need to find assistance? Learn what your ethical obligations are when you find yourself or a colleague is suffering from impairment or incompetence in the work place. Learn how integrating wellness into your work day can increase your ability to remain competent and free from impairment while effectively working with clients. We will explore this and many more ethical dilemmas surrounding these issues during this informative and interactive workshop.
- Identify and define impairment, incompetence, and secondary traumatic stress.
- Identify treatment options and recommendations when impairments occur.
- Identify NASW ethical codes regarding impairment and impairment of colleagues.
- Identify NASW ethical codes regarding incompetence of colleagues and continuing education and staff development.
- Apply ethical codes to personal and case scenarios, and make a plan for how to address these issues personally and in our daily work environment.
Where: The Personal Wellness Center
When: July 12, 2019
Time: 9 am – 12 pm
3 CEU available for Social Workers
Call to Register! Space is Limited! 410-742-6016