10-Week Course: The Art of Healthy Communication
October 29 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until November 19, 2020
The Art of Effective Communication: Choosing Peace
Facilitators: Veronica Correa, LCSW-C & Lisa Howard, M.A.
Meeting Time: Weekly on Thursday evenings 5:30-7:30 pm
Location: The Personal Wellness Center/Lotus Yoga Studio 6508 Deer Pointe Dr. Salisbury, MD 21804
This ten-week course is designed to give participants the necessary skills and practical knowledge of implementing a more productive model of communication at work, in personal relationships, and in their daily lives. In order to implement healthy communication, we will explore our intentions upon entering conversations and the common obstacles we collectively face (and stumble over) when trying to engage effectively & compassionately with others. Building on this awareness of self and each other, we will develop a vocabulary for expressing feelings and emotions, and hone mindful habits when communicating.
- Learn and practice a new approach to communication
- Develop vocabulary to expresses feelings and make requests
- Gain practical experience in engaging others to collaborate
- Improve active and empathic listening
- Learn mindfulness techniques to enhance recognition of emotions and thoughts
- Develop habits to foster kind interactions with others
- $450.00 for entire 10-week series
- Tuition may be paid in three installments:
- Sessions 1-4 ($180)
- Sessions 5-7 ($135)
- Sessions 8-10 ($135)
Space is limited. Please call 410-742-6016 to reserve your spot.
Email Lisa: Lisa@ThePersonalWellnessCenter.com