The Personal Wellness Center hires full time and part time/independent contractors Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC), Licensed Certified Social Workers – Clinical (LCSW-C); Licensed Clinical Professional LCPC; Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist PMHCNS-BC to join our team in Salisbury, MD. We are a growing outpatient mental health clinic and holistic wellness center providing a variety of mental health services. Our approach to healing and wellness is focused on mind, body, and spirit as we aim to inspire our clients to make healthy choices that will support their wellbeing and personal success.
We seek therapists who love empowering their clients. As a therapist at The Personal Wellness Center, you will not only create and implement individual treatment plans, but you will also be interested in (or open to learning) holistic modalities that can be leveraged to augment your client’s wellbeing. The center offers an array of modalities that will allow you to be on the cutting-edge of counseling, having many tools at your disposal for treating your clients. Our facility also has space that will accommodate workshops and group sessions, so there are opportunities for creating and treating patients consistent with your background, areas of expertise, and the center’s multi-disciplinarian team. A clinician with a creative and positive spirit will be a good fit to continue to expand both our team and outreach to the local community.
Benefits for full-time employees
- A competitive compensation including monthly performance-based bonus
- A sign-on bonus
- We are apart of HRSA- Offer Student Loan Reimbursement
- Health insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Fee for service
- 3 week PTO -paid time off
- A progressive, positive, exciting, and supportive work environment
- Opportunities for learning holistic practices
- Discount on TPWC workshop/seminar taught at TPWC
- Discount on all retail products
- Use of AquaMassage, BioMat and REWOT services, free of charge
- Free yoga classes
- Provides counseling/therapy to child through geriatric populations including, but not limited to:
- Providing assessments of client’s needs with respect to physical, functional, psychosocial, environmental, financial, educational, and/or other needs.
- Developing treatment, crisis intervention, and case management as appropriate to your client caseload.
- Creates, monitors, and updates treatment plans to ensure the effectiveness and appropriateness of services to meet the client needs.
- Coaches patients on how to manage their on-going conditions and challenges and providing therapy that will help them develop positive behavioral changes.
- Ability to identify and recommend additional wellness services for clients, as appropriate.
- Advises and makes recommendations to clients, their families and/or physicians as appropriate.
- Maintaining timely and accurate case notes within our EMR (Therapy Notes). It is the clinician’s responsibility to ensure that ALL notes are written within 36 hours of the when client was seen.
- Therapist’s work will be internally audited monthly to ensure compliance with COMAR regulations.
- It’s the responsibility of the clinician to be at work 15 (minimum) to 30 (ideally) minutes before seeing his/her first client
- It is the clinician’s responsibility to schedule his/her clients in his/her office for recurrent appointments at the end of each session.
- It is the clinician’s responsibility to call his/her client if that client is 10 minutes late for a scheduled appointment. The outcome of that phone call needs to be recorded on the missed appointment note.
- Clinicians are responsible for closing any chart that has a client not seen in 30 days without a follow up appointment scheduled. Clinicians will receive emails from lead therapist on chart closings, they have 7 days to close the chart or they can call the client and schedule a follow up appointment once notified that the chart needs to be closed.
- Assist in building and growing a book of clients.
- Collaboration with the center’s multi-disciplinarian holistic teams for providing excellence in both patient care as well as program offerings and utilization.
Documentation Policy Standard
- Progress notes are to be written within 36 hours of completing the visit with the client.
Preference is same day documentation and when possible, concurrent documentation.
- Treatment Plans must be completed with the client, or if a minor, with the client and guardian within 5 days of intake assessment.
- Treatment Plans must be updated every six month and should not be later than 7 days after the EHR reminds you one is due.
- Treatment Plans must be signed by the client to be considered “complete” and it is the responsibility of the clinician to ensure their clients have active and signed treatment plans.
Required Job Qualifications of the therapist:
- Master’s degree, from an accredited university.
- Current license in the state of Maryland.
- Two years of clinical experience providing counseling and mental health services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to appropriately facilitate client, diagnostic, business, and outside resource needs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of mental health challenges, personality development, and modalities of treatment.
Preferred Job Qualifications of the therapist:
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a bonus, but not required.
- Interest in offering opportunities for counseling outside of individual appointments such as but not limited to:
- Workshops aligned with areas of expertise, field interest and/or populations treated.
- Potential to provide group therapy.
- Potential to provide open office hours.
- Interest in offering services to children and adolescents is strongly desired, but not required.
- Experience with and/or interest in working with our Psychiatric Rehabilitation (PRP) Program.
Other necessary Skills
Individual must possess the knowledge and the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Great attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Be able to work creatively, independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Prioritize workload.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- A team player with leadership skills.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills.
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Team player -work well with other people in the business.
- Strong work ethic.
- Flexibility -Adapt to the demands each day brings and excel in whatever task that’s required.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work is primarily indoors.
- Performing duties and attending events outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs.
- Occasional traveling off-premises to a local, state, regional and/or national event.
- High level of social contact.
- Communicate with people daily in person by telephone, and e-mail.
- Occasionally will have to handle conflict situations in which others may become rude or unpleasant.
To learn more about us please visit: www.thepersonalwellnesscenter.com
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to: email@example.com