July 9, 2020
In preparation for clinicians and staff returning to the office to provide services, the following information is provided for your convenience before coming to The Personal Wellness Center and Lotus Yoga Studio.
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19, if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) advises that older adults and anyone with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting The Personal Wellness Center and/or Lotus Yoga Studio, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. For more information please visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/ or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/.
Our Plans and Policies
At The Personal Wellness Center and Lotus Yoga Studio, we are taking enhanced health and safety measures to keep all guests, clients, and all of our employees safe. These added protocols and procedures will change your experience from what you are used to, and–as always– we are commitment to excellence in service.
This is a list of some of the updates you can expect to see at the Center and in the Studio.
- Before entering our space, all employees will undergo a health screening consisting of a verbal interview and temperature check. Any employees who do not pass the health screening will be immediately sent home and will have to follow an established procedure before returning to work.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Clients, guests, and students must wear masks throughout the Center and in the Studio (including bathrooms). Children participating in PRP or other groups or classes must wear a mask at all times, if they are age 4 or above. Entry for groups will be at the Studio doors in the back of the building to allow appropriate physical distancing. Parents will need to walk their children to the back doors to be interviewed and have their temperature checked.
- Glass barriers have been installed at our front desk staff to protect both our clients and staff. Cashiers will only give out receipts upon request.
- Cash-free methods of payment are available and encouraged.
- Social-Distancing and other safety reminders will appear throughout the Center and the Studio.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Center and in the Studio.
- We have increased frequency of cleaning the office, treatment rooms, and high-touch areas such as counters, furniture, doorknobs, light switches, and bathrooms. Additionally, sanitization products will be available, should guests like to personally clean any areas they may touch. No ceramic mugs are provided for tea, and clients are encouraged to bring their own washable mugs if they want to have tea or water while at the Center.
- We are limiting capacity on in our classes to maintain 6 feet of distance between students and instructors. No more than 12 people may attend any class or training in the Studio. Live streaming options will also be available to students who are uncomfortable being in the Studio with others, or if more participation is expected for classes, workshops, and trainings. Passwords and links will be provided upon request or in the case of overflow participation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes. All clients and staff are required to wear masks at all times when in the building.
What will happen if I have a temperature and have an appointment scheduled?
When possible, we will provide a telehealth session for you to maintain the appointment.
Should I keep my child home if he/she has a temperature?
Yes. Anytime a child has a temperature, they should be kept home for until the child has maintained a normal temperature for 24 hours without medication.
Can I pay online or over the phone?
Yes. You can always pay online or over the phone. Our front desk staff are available to help you.
At The Personal Wellness Center and Lotus Yoga Studio, the health and safety of our guests and staff are of utmost importance.