What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. Reiki is administered by “laying on hands” and techniques such as this have been practiced for thousands of years. Reiki is a very simple yet powerful technique.
Reiki was developed in Japan in 1922 by Mikao Usui and was brought to the West in 1937 by Hawayo Takata. The popularity of Reiki has grown exponentially in the past few decades. A survey conducted in 2007 indicates that in the previous year, 1.2 million adults and 161,000 children in the U.S. received one or more Reiki sessions.
Reiki is becoming increasingly popular with the medical community, with over 800 hospitals across the U.S. offering Reiki as a standard part of hospital care. A research study at Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut indicates that Reiki improved patient sleep by 86 percent, reduced pain by 78 percent, reduced nausea by 80 percent, and reduced anxiety during pregnancy by 94 percent. In addition, nurses report that Reiki helps patients heal faster with less pain, reduces stress and improves negative attitude, improves appetite, and reduces the negative side effects of chemotherapy, radiation and other medical procedures.
How Does Reiki Work?
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with its energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached causing energy disruption and blockages. Reiki clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, thus allowing the energy to flow in a healthy and natural way.
What is a Session Like?
To receive Reiki, you are lying fully clothed on either the BioMat or just on the massage table. The BioMat is a medical device that uses far infrared heat, negative ions and amethyst crystals to promote healing. Sessions normally last about an hour.
The Reiki practitioner places his or her hands on different locations around the body. These places include the head, shoulders, chest, abdomen, and limbs. You can receive Reiki anywhere that you are experiencing pain you just have to let your Reiki Practitioner know.
The energy flows through the practitioner to you. You will receive the right amount of energy to bring your mind, body and spirit into balance. Most people experience deep relaxation. Everyone is different and can have different reactions such as tingling, a sense of warmth or you could even fall asleep. For some people they experience minimal benefit during the session but, afterwards they experience a sense of well-being and relaxation.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
Reiki energy allows the muscles to relax and increases blood flow to treated areas, which in turn quickens the healing process. Reiki practitioners and clients report Reiki helps them reduce stress, headaches, insomnia, upset stomach, sprains, cramps, and many other conditions. Reiki also promotes psychological healing, including release of anger, fear, worry, sadness and other unhealthy feelings, and replaces them with self-worth, confidence and tranquility.
Introductory Price 20% Off first session
1 hour Reiki session $ 75
1 hour Chakra Clearing includes guided imagery $ 80
Soul Retrieval: 1 ½ hour Reiki session includes guided Imagery $105
* ½ hour Distant Reiki $45
* This option is ideal for people with health conditions who are not mobile. For more information, please fill out the form below to contact the Reiki Master or call 410-742-6016.
Packages: Buy Five 1 hour Reiki sessions and get 20% discount ($75 value)
Choose your Reiki session: Allow your mind, body, and spirit to restore its natural balance and harmony by choosing the reiki session that suits you best.
- Anger and Forgiveness: Reiki can help releasing anger, inviting love to come into our hearts to feel more compassionate towards ourselves and others.
- Healing Traumas: Painful experiences are so powerful that they become part of our chemical makeup and are ingrained in our cells. Because of this our cells can carry the memory of trauma or even negative feelings and ideas. Reiki can work on these hidden issues…
- Healing Relationships: Reiki can be used to heals relationships of all kinds, creating a loving and compassionate feeling between the two people, so they will more easily solve any problems enjoying each other’s company much more. This will not help to enter in a relationship against their will.
- Clearing negative energies: This will allow negative energies that may have accumulated to flow away. At the same time, positive energies from above fill your body, mind, and spirit
- Connecting with spirit world: Receive blessings from spiritual beings, so your heart can be healed, so you will be better able to help others. You will discover that love is the greatest power.
- Manifesting: The process of manifesting involves being able to connect with universal creative consciousness through our spiritual body, then understand it through thoughts in our mental body, become excited about it in our emotional body, and act on it with physical body. Reiki can help harmonizing the upper chakras with lower chakras pulling the creativity of higher consciousness through our whole system so we can manifest it in our physical world.
- Effective Communication: Will bring mental clarity, helping organizing your mind. It can help you with both speaking and writing.
- Peaceful Sleep: Reiki releases fear and creates a gentle peaceful feeling, helping you to heal insomnia and getting a good nights sleep. It also helps you with nightmares.
- Fears and phobias: It will help calm the fears and phobias and bring in peace. Reiki creates a soothing state of being that you will be more focus and the now.
At The Personal Wellness Center, we offer Reiki classes Level I, Level II, Advanced Reiki Training (ART) and Master level. Check out our calendar to find out more about upcoming Reiki classes or fill out the form below to contact the Reiki Master.
We humans are energy and this energy has a flow that runs through our body. Life events and our thinking process tend to disrupt this natural flow of energy creating disease and physical and emotional pain. Through energy work one can restore the natural energy flow bringing back our natural inner peace and wellness. EFT and TAT combine Eastern wisdom about acupressure, or the stimulating of the meridian points in our body, with traditional Western psychotherapy.
EFT –Emotional Freedom Technique, also called tapping, and TAT –Tapas Acupressure Technique are a form of acupressure that people learn to do on themselves. EFT is tapping you do with your fingertips and is done on several meridian points throughout the body. TAT is a pose held on a strong meridian point on your body and the person is walked through a few steps. Tapping and TAT release emotional trauma, chronic physical pain, anxiety, compulsions and addictions and overcome general life challenges. Most people feel trapped in the struggle of life not knowing how to release it.
If you feel trapped and are tired of feeling sad, depressed, anxious, sick, and have not had good results with expensive treatments or medicines tapping and TAT can give you the relief you are looking for. If you are ready to embrace wellness, health, vitality, energy and focus discover how this amazing technique can bring relief and wholeness back into your life. Tapping allows you to let go of what no longer serves you and embrace what you want to attract into your life.
Both of these techniques are very simple to use and once you learn how to use them you can use them as needed and as often as you would like. They have no side effects and the results are truly transformational.